Friday, August 28, 2009

12:30 AM....creep up the stairs slowly

Back home, at around midnight....and parents mad. Welcome to the life of a Desi or a South Asian young adult. Early curfews....not that I'm complaining much...I'm all for discipline...but when I go visit a another city to see my friends (who I haven't seen for a year) you would think the parents would have enough trust to let me go and spend time..and come home. I said I was going for the day...but why is it bad if I'm not home by 9pm? I'm in my twenties...know how to drive...and am responsible. Never have I sneaked outside my house in the night...and today I went for lunch and dinner with my friends. Its not like I was in the middle of drug dealings or crazy rooftop parties. Just simple time for ice-cream, laughing alot when the sugar rush kicked in, cooked, and sat on the balcony and talk about the past. Now you tell me....is this bad? I even called home to say I would be late. AH HA! Point to note. I called....so...why is this such a big deal. I'll be back in school for another 4 months...stress myself out with pathology and microbiology....so I will gladly take a day here and there to chillax.

 Other adults praise me...so why is that my parents think I'm a baboon who can't drive a car? I spent my whole 2 week  break going to doctors and appts....so I have one day to spend time with my friends...and all hell breaks loose. I can't even complain straight on this post, so tired...so maybe will continue this blog tomorrow. But  had a blast seeing all my old friends....brought back fun memories and made me all nostalgic now...not to mention getting lost. BUT it was fun a day....and the doctor apt earlier in the day was fine as well...no major cause for concern.....but lets see what the other doctor has to say tomorrow.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment